Sunday, September 12, 2010

During The Break

- For the latest Dancing Zombie video content, visit www.youtube.com/dancingzombie -

So you might be wondering where I've been... Well, my external hard-drive's been acting up, and with such tight cash constraints, I've had little opportunity till now to purchase a new drive to back things up on. Luckily that time has come, and once it does, you'll have the opportunity to finally see the promo I've been fussing about all this time.

Right now I'm really wrapped up in pre-production for "Alone Together" and am starting to place casting ads in various places. It's odd how the world of casting has changed so much since the birth of the internet. Now it's the producers seeking the talent--not vice, versa. Who knows what I'll find?

As of now, I've got Jenn Boronow signed as the producer and Minoo Allen as my casting director. Both are promising camera-swinging film jockeys, and I'm amped to have them on my side for this production. What's just bound to happen is the scramble for more money. Soon enough I'll be introducing a new Kickstarter page to fund the film, and am looking for all the help I can get. The primary goal will be $1,000, but the entire film might get somewhere around $1,400--but it's a little too early to say. The script I have right now demands a few locations and some extra talent, but these details are subject to filing down once the final draft comes into fruition (which I feel happening very soon).

I'm very excited about this film, and so much so I'll be starting up a blog devoted entirely to the production--so keep a look out! In the meantime, Jordan's still hard at work in San Fransisco, hand-drawing all of "Duck, Duck, Goose". It's a tedious process, but one I'm sure will pay off with some fantastic results.

For now, hold tight while I gas up. This winter will really go off with a bang, I assure you.

Oh, as a side note, I've just started taking a lecture course devoted entirely to Science-Fiction in Film, Art & Literature and for our first night we watched "Ghost In The Shell" which was just eye-opening. I'd always heard about it, but never been able to decipher the hype from the red-blooded love for it. I loved it and highly recommend it to any sci-fi addict such as myself.

Till Next Time,
John Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment