Friday, September 24, 2010

It's Getting Drafty In Here

- For the latest Dancing Zombie video content, visit www.youtube.com/dancingzombie -

Hey Folks,

Just a quick update. Got my external hard drive, so we'll be seeing the promo by the end of the month (or beginning of October). I've also been asked to storyboard a film for a Senior at SUNY Purchase College, named Elliot Lobell. It's strange, since he doesn't want any moving shots, so I'll have to be creative as far as composition and expression goes. But it's very exciting because it's a stop-motion animation and he had his character model designed and constructed by one of the puppeteers from Henry Selick's"Coraline". Wish me luck!

I got an update from Jordan. He says things are moving slowly but surely on "Duck Duck Goose".... patience is a virtue. It is tough to contain myself. I'm very excited to get it finished, even though it is something of a silly off-the-wall animation. It is very cool just to see it all come to life. You can check previous posts for animatic stills from the project.

At the moment I have over 200 actors and actresses shoving their way to get into "Alone Together". A surprising turnout considering it's a student project, but I've already seen some potential candidates. The script is now on to draft 6...? Maybe 7. Around there. It doesn't matter. Point is, I'm really feeling it wrap up. It might need just a little bit more tweaking after this draft, but otherwise the characters and story are set. Now it's time to determine a budget, get the locations secured and find the talent. It's happening folks! Pinch me! I'm dreaming!... Alright, maybe a little to excited. If you like, you can pinch me out of spite, I'll appreciate it all the same.

In more recent ventures, I helped out a couple of Sophomores as Director of Photoraphy on one-shot scenes. One was an adaptation of a scene from Jean-Luc Goddard's "Contempt" and the other was an adaptation from a Batman graphic novel. If they make it online, I'll post the links.

Lastly, I'll note that I'm planning on making a presentation in my Sci-Fi lecture course. I've got a few things lined up to show and discuss. I'm kind of nervous since I've never really done a college presentation before, but I feel pretty confident with the material, so... Who knows how it'll go? Wish me luck!... Gee, how many times have I asked that of you? Oh, who cares. I need as much luck as I can get. It's a jungle out there. Best be prepared. No luck? Bring a spear.

Happy Hunting,
John Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment